Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast EXP Maps & The Rules Of Etiquette

Question Fast EXP Maps & The Rules Of Etiquette

It seems as though the fast,easy,quick, etc. EXP maps are growing in popularity, and really why wouldn't they? They are not pretty, they don't require any level of tactics, and they certainly don't help your Kills/Deaths ratio much. However, they do just what they advertise, allowing one to rack up thirty plus kills in minutes. I'm guessing some purists probably hate these maps, because even the greenest of nubes can level up fairly quickly using them.

So that being said, and even though they aren't much fun compared to stalking your prey in a big map, I have played in several of these easy exp maps. Yesterday I was playing one of the most carnage-creating maps of this type I have seen, with two pits on either side of a long, closed corridor. I was shocked when someone on the other team started to ask that I be kicked. I've never been kicked from a map and until yesterday no one I've played with wanted me kicked.

The complaint of the other player? I was being too aggressive. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Fast EXP maps are all about Fast EXP, right? As soon as I spawn, it's time to put opposing players in my MG42S blender and press the whip button. I expect them to do the same to me, over and over, with no mercy and no strategy. The player who wasn't happy with me accused me of spawn killing, and so for a few minutes I tried to play nice in the sandbox and wait on my side until the opposition advanced. Not surprisingly, I ended up very, very dead.

So, what do you think? Are these maps good or bad? Should they be banned? And most curious to me, are there any rules in a Fast EXP death pit?

Spikekip

Clan
    -=[138]=-
    Server
    US (Canadia)
    The only 'FAST XP' maps I see consist of one side spawning in a box, And the other team spawning outside of the box, With access to all 4 gun placements.

I have a feeling it's not purists so much as balance people who hate these maps, Myself included. Maps without cover or 'arena' style maps I can deal with and even enjoy. But the typical 'FAST XP' maps need to be renamed something more accurate like 'FEESH IN A BARREL' because that's about all the skill those 'maps' (And I use that term VERY loosely) take.

Little more than TrollMaps designated to draw in unsuspecting fresh noob kills as the 'dominating' side is typically always the same color, And thus players who are in the know know which side to take. :P

"Less BooHoo, More PewPew people!!"

-PWNTR4IN when people get FAR too serious.

FEESH IN A BARREL is a perfect way to describe them! The more I consider these maps, the less likely I am to play them. Though I don't care at all about my ratios (preferring to scare the **** out of players by running at them with a meat grinder of rounds), even the easy kills are no fun when you're just another "FEESH".

Forget about him. There is no such thing as etiquette and manners in fast EXP maps. He's just sad he's bad at something that isn't even very fun. If you want fun, go to a map that actually requires tactics.
    When you lose all hope, just pull the trigger and hope it hits the enemy.

Farming is for nubs they must ban that maps

Quote Originally Posted by Rampager View Post
    Farming is for nubs they must ban that maps
    Agreed. What's the point of something that isn't fun in a video game which are designed to be fun.
    When you lose all hope, just pull the trigger and hope it hits the enemy.

Legit is the way to go. It should first be checked by staff if it's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipers View Post
    Legit is the way to go. It should first be checked by staff if it's fair.
    X2 again lol
    I DONT HAVE PEN TO MAKE SIGNATURES CAN YOU GIVE ME ONE?

remeber guys this is closed beta so when open beta comes every account will be wiped and start off at lvl 1 again so who really cares right now

Right now nothing but when they will open the game will be very people farming.
    My english is a sht
    I DONT HAVE PEN TO MAKE SIGNATURES CAN YOU GIVE ME ONE?